Dom Omladine Youth Centre
The main aim in reconstructing the Youth Centre was acoustic combined with a creative curved ceiling design. The space attracts visitors with a combination of Rigiton curved ceilings in yellow and Gyptone flat perforated ceilings in black. Each floor has a different shape which makes the design exceptional and modern, to reflect the expectations of young people.
- Successfully implementation of all curved and cascading forms without cracks.
- Perfect coordination between installers and dry liners using supervisor gantograms
- Successful use of several Rigips systems
- Optimal acoustic performance
- Successful fire protection testing by local authorities.
- A specific construction was made for the 460m2 ceiling area, making it suitable for all kind of performances.
- Suspended ceilings were mainly installed at heights of 13m.
- Project involving a combination of extraordinary interior and installation reconstruction ( new elevators , sound systems, movie projectors, heating system …)
- Achieving sound and speech intelligibility with a wave shaped ceiling
- Existing artistic mosaics and sculptures had to be preserved.
City of Belgrade
Architect: Djordje Miletic
Main contractor: Tehnoplast doo
Photographer: Dragan Babovic
Saint-Gobain Team: Aleksandar Grujic
MD ING TEHNOPLAST specializes in all types of construction work, adaptation of apartments, houses, offices... The company installs Rigips plasterboard walls and ceilings, fire protection systems, and deals with plastering and painting (mechanical and manual) and decorative plasterwork on walls, ceilings and facades The company is committed to innovation and staff training, enabling them to meet any customer requirements.