Multi Comfort House Office Reci, Romania
The project’s purpose was to design a flag-ship two-story office building with a massive timber structure (according to the Austrian and Romanian building regulations), that follows the standards for Multi Comfort criteria. The project strategy was based on utmost ecological and long-term sustainability. The project is the first Saint-Gobain Multi Comfort Commercial building in Romania. It is not only about saving energy, it is about creating better living environments, where one of the results is saving energy. The project features individually room-controlled comfort and high-quality work environment, increased noise protection, passive construction method for insulation and airtightness, ventilation system with heat recovery, fire protection, and uses products with EPD. Timber construction, green roofs, enhanced daylight autonomy, recyclability, reduced Carbon footprint, use of geothermal energy, and optimisation of utilities costs all contribute to the sustainability of the project.
- The first large scale project with CLT structure in south-east Europe, following Saint-Gobain MULTI COMFORT HOUSE standards. Building according to the Austrian and Romanian building regulations (fire safety, seismic resistance, nZEB requirements for energy efficiency).
- Ecological and sustainable.
- Individually room-controlled comfort and high-quality work environment, increased noise protection, passive construction method for insulation and airtightness, ventilation system with heat recovery, fire protection, use of products with EPD.
- Massive timber construction, green roofs, enhanced daylight autonomy, increased degree of recyclability for the entire building, reduced Carbon footprint, use of geothermal energy and high efficiency biomass cogeneration plant for heating and electricity, optimisation of utilities costs.
- High quality architecture and landscape.
- Timber, the only truly renewable construction material, with the lowest energy across its lifecycle. The timber used for the construction of the office building stores approx. 750 tons of carbon for the life of the building.
- A vast 1000 m2 green roof improves thermal performance, preventing rapid temperature fluctuations and overheating effects throughout the day. It also protects against dust and acts as a buffer for heavy rains.
- Average value daylight autonomy: 66 %. 300 lux in offices - between 9 AM and 6 PM + white ceiling
- Enhanced acoustics
- Formaldehyde concentration measured by Rigips Romania
-Among the main construction challenges was the climate conditions, with temperatures around -25C during winter.
-Development of a new solution: first large scale project with CLT structure in south-east Europe, following Saint-Gobain MCH Standard.
-Creating an office building that would provide a visual interface between two antagonistic spaces – an industrial platform and a natural landscape.
-Building according to the Austrian and Romanian building regulations (fire safety, seismic resistance, nZEB requirements for energy efficiency).
-Simplification of the structural design using BIM workflow and CNC production method for optimized timber construction.
Architect: Sergiu Petrea
Main contractor: Nizar Construct
Photographer: Sergiu Petrea
Saint-Gobain Team: Dorin Rosioru (Rigips), Gabriel Golumbeanu (Isover)
The company's motto is "Building differently. With passion for details." and it is specialized in the following categories of works: -Civil and industrial construction -Thermal, electric and sanitary installations -Interior and exterior finishes -Restorations and rehabilitation of existing constructions -Road construction, parking, platforms -Special works: underground and up-ground basins, earthworks, vertical systematization