Titanic Signature Building
The Titanic Signature Building is a 14000 sq.m building situated in what was once the biggest shipyard from where the Titanic sailed in its first tragic journey in 1912. One of Europe’s largest inner city regeneration schemes, the 185 acre Titanic Quarter now occupies the former shipyard site. The Titanic Signature Building is the centre piece of this development with a six story aluminium and glass pavilion containing a civic museum, gallery, cafes and shops.
"The building itself is visually striking and the interior finish mirrors the overall effect by intelligent design, excellent functionality and high levels of workmanship”. One of the key challenges of the project was to develop a bespoke wall lining system that could be fixed to the exterior cladding rails and mirror the angle of the structural wing-tips.
- Strong working relationships with all the project stakeholders from design stage to the installation phase of the construction.
- Required performance criteria met, whilst achieving a high level of aesthetic detail
- Visually striking building with an interior finish which mirrors the overall effect through intelligent design and high levels of workmanship.
- Strong technical support from Gyproc specification team ensured the project was delivered to the high standards required.
- Development of a bespoke wall lining system that could be fixed to the exterior cladding rails and mirror the angle of the structural wing-tips.
- Local fire regulations had to be met to make the building fit for public use
- Due to the cavernous nature of certain areas of the building, high levels of reverberation were an issue.
- Due to the high levels of public traffic, impact damage was a concern, in certain areas.
Titanic Quarter Ltd
Architect: TODD Architects
Main contractor: Martin McLaughlin Drylining Ltd.
Photographer: Gyproc Team / Donal McCann Photography
Saint-Gobain Team: Mark McCormick
Martin McLaughlin Drylining Ltd.
Martin McLaughlin Drylining specialises in interior fit-outs including partitioning, ceilings and passive fire protection. Martin has been in business for over 10 years and has worked on many landmark projects throughout the island of Ireland.